Benefits of Membership
Access to effective communication, consultation and networking
- You have access to special member rates at all ACMHN events
- You have access to updates on the latest information on practice, education and research via our weekly e-Newsletter Tuesday Times
- You will receive a printed copy of the quarterly news magazine straight to your door
- Online subscription to the bi-monthly International Journal of Mental Health Nursing
- Access to exclusive members only content on our website
- Involvement, networking and participation with like minded colleagues through our events, e-lists and special interest groups
- You will be invited to participate in seminars, workshops, and continuing education programs in your region
- Opportunities for partnerships and collaboration with key government and non-government organisations and peak bodies in the future of mental health
Professional identity, recognition and autonomy
- A professional and ethical base for practice - including the Standards of Practice and the Scope of Practice for Mental Health Nurses
- A common purpose, set of goals and professional interests with others
- Recognition through Credentialing of practitioners
- Recognition of practice, commitment and contribution through Fellowship
- Membership and Fellowship investiture and access to the annual Oration
- We promote and recognise mental health nursing leaders through the Mental Health Nurse of the Year Award and the Mental Health Nurse Achievement Award
- We provide professional advice and support to members both directly, and in response to member enquiries
- On-going professional support from your colleagues and College networks
Collective opportunity and voice
- International infrastructure and links to overseas mental health nursing networks
- Consistent lobbying of all governments for improvement in mental health funding, and mental health services
- Continued advocacy to all government bodies to recognise mental health nursing as a speciality
- Representation of mental health and mental health nursing on many working parties and committees
- Opportunities to contribute to College submissions and reports
Opportunities for partnership and collaboration
- Involvement and participation with colleagues, consumers and carers
- Benefits of affiliation and partnership with other organisations
- Involvement, collaboration and consultation with key government and non-government organisations and peak sector bodies in the future of mental health care
ACMHN Membership Fees 2017
Ordinary Member $275.00
Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses with an interest in the field of mental health.
Associate Member $220.00
For people who have a special interests in the mental health field and who are not otherwise eligible for the Ordinary Member category.
Maternity Leave $110.00 (for 1 year)
Evidence of maternity leave status must accompany renewal. Provide us with maternity leave approval from your place of employment, or a copy of the baby's birth certificate if you are self-employed.
Please provide evidence of your retirement with your renewal.
Full-Time Student $110.00 (maximum 4 years)
For full-time undergraduate nursing students or RNs enrolled in a full-time postgraduate course with relevance to mental health nursing. Evidence of current full-time enrolment must accompany applications and renewals. Other full-time students may apply for special consideration.
For Further Information or How to Join
We are here to help you and happy to speak with you more about your membership benefits.
Or simply click the Join Now Button below.