Professional Issues Committee
The primary function (by delegated power of the ACMHN Board of Directors – the ‘Board’) of the Professional Issues Committee (‘the Committee’) is to monitor the professional issues and development programs of the College including but not limited to,
• Accreditation Framework and associated polices
• Credentialing for Practice Program and associated policies
• Endorsement Program
• Fellowships and life memberships
EOI - ACMHN Professional Issues Committee
Expressions of Interest are called from within the College membership for two additional members for the ACMHN Professional Issues Committee. The Professional Issues Committee is a subcommittee of the College Board of Directors and will ultimately report to and be accountable to the Board of Directors.
The role of the Professional Issues Committee is to monitor professional issues that impact of the mental health nursing workforce. The committee will have a role on the monitoring of College programs including but not limited to:
- Accreditation Framework and associated policies
- Credentialing for Practice Program and associated policies
- Endorsement Program
- Fellowships and life memberships
For more information about the role and functions of the committee please read the Professional Issues Committee Terms of Reference.
For further information on how to apply please refer to EOI Professional Issues Committee.
The Committee will comprise of:
- Chair, appointed from within the ACMHN Board
- One other board member
- The Chair of the Credentialing committee and Chair of the Endorsement/Accreditation Committee
- Two financial members of the ACMHN
- Up to two external members
- Ex Officio – ACMHN President and/or Chief Executive Officer, or other staff as determined
- Co-opted members as required according to the desired mix of expertise for effective Committee management.
Members of the Professional Issues Committee
Brenda Happell (Chair)
- A minimum of four meetings per calendar year must be held
- Meetings may be held face to face or by teleconference
- Legitimate travel, accommodation and relevant out of pocket expenses will be arranged and paid by the ACMHN, where incurred and required
- Only external members will be eligible for sitting fees, as per College Policy.